Monday 1 March 2010

The Background

I am me.


I am golden.


Gorgeous.


Romantic.


Sensual, caring, creative;


But (and I believe I am perfectly entitled to feel like this ....)


I am also one very upset, unloved & neglected, sad, lonely, angry, sexually frustrated 'ex rock star stop at home dad'.


Midlife crisis ?


I'm father to two beautiful kids; we'll talk about their beautiful and clever Mum later .... but for now let's just say that this hasn't exactly been a successful experiment in gender-flipping role reversal, although we started out with the best intentions and a lot of good love and noisy wet sex.


Nowadays, everything either aches or hurts or doesn't work, and my longing for a better more sane and loving life just gets worse day by day. My patience runs thin, after seven years I have had almost enough. I dream of love as much as I sexually fantasise.


I tried blogging fair and square (less anonymously) but got bored of not saying what I really felt and thought - this is V 2.0 and nothing will be held back or edited. But it will be all true.


You can also follow my impatience, sexual frustration and angry insight into the modern role-reversal parenting situation by following @stopathomedad on twitter.


Please comment at will - nothing will be censored; perhaps together we can smooth all the rough edges out ?


Thank you for reading this far. I'm sorry if any of the personal truths to follow cause you offence.

2 comments:

  1. Right, several versions of the one opinion. I am not a parent, I made a choice, many times, not to be. I am a "stay at home male", whatever the fuck that means.
    We make choices, or atleast we think we do. A "choice" made out of peer pressure is bullshit.
    Look; i'm gonna continue this post tomorow for this reason: I have read yours about 20 times, & I honestly think I get it, & even get you a bit. I'm 47, i'm male, i'm pissed off, but at the same time i'm quite proud. I'm surviving. I'm not hiding under machismo, but i'm not crying crocodile tears either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter

    Thanks for the comments - will check back later now I know someone is definitely reading this .. look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this ... I am still trying to make sense of how I got here and where 'here' is ... I have this constant sensation of unreality - 15 years ago my life was very different, and although I feel pride too I am not sure I like what has happened to me - perhaps the pride comes from surviving it ..

    P.s. I really enjoy your twitter posts - they crack me up .... do you have a blog ?

    ReplyDelete